Interesting Topics To Write About Always Came Very Easy to Me
May 13th, 2010
An Interesting Topic to Write About is Something You are Passionate For
I learned to write when I needed to. It was always something that helped me. Growing up I didn’t have a lot of friends. My life was pretty closed. My parents were your classic strong polish, over protective mom and dad. When I wrote I solve problems. I created situations. I made up another world. For me writing my outlet. It was my best friend. I found it so easy to think of interesting topics to write about. I just wrote about my day my life or what I wanted my life to be. It was great. When I wrote I was the hero, the most popular and the person with all the witty comebacks. When I was a senior in high school my dad refused to let me go to the prom. I was devastated. Especially since I had finally been asked out by a boy that I really liked. But their was no changing my dad’s mind. I spent that evening staring at my beautiful lavender prom dress and wrote the story of what I would have wanted my prom t be like. I was such a dreamer but I thought it was a pretty interesting topic to write about. When I grew up and became an english teacher I came up with the following list to help my students.
- When thinking of interesting topics to write about ask yourself the following questions: What do you like? Do like painting, fashion, cars? What do you want to learn more about? What interests you? What are you passionate about?
- Thoroughly edit your term or research paper. It’s fun to write but the even best paper has to be edited. If your paper is not free of grammatical and spelling errors no one will want to read it. No matter how great it is.
- Make sure you know what citation method is desired. You can use the following key to help you with the MLA or APA.
Last name of author, First name of author. (year). Title of Book. City of Publication: Publisher.
The in text citation is as follows:
(Last name of author, year, page#)
- MLA:Last name of author, First name of Author. Title of Book. Place Published: Publisher. Year. Print.
No in text citation just footnotes
- When picking an interesting topic to write about make sure it’s not too broad or too specific. It is very important that you are able to give the audience just enough information to keep them interested but not enough to make the bored. This can be a very fine line.
Writing got me through many hard times in life. Picking good topics to write about helped to keep me interested and out of trouble.