Standard Research Paper Formats Are a Great Concept to Grasp When Needing to Churn Out Papers
November 28th, 2010
If You Get the Standard Research Paper Format Down Writing Papers Will Be a Breeze
When I started dating my boyfriend I took him to meet my family. I did the best I could to prepare Steven about them and how direct they were. I have four brothers and two sisters. My dad passed away when I was a kid do my brothers were always pretending like they were my dads. They fired question after question at him. “What do you do?” “Is that a good job?” “Where are you from?” “What college did you go to?” What I tried to tell Steven was that my family has a sort of standard they want me to live up to. It’s a bit overbearing and downright crazy I know but they really want me to be happy. Most people have standards for most things, from who they will date to what they will wear standards are everywhere. I thought of this idea when I had to teach my middle school students how to write a paper. I came up with ideas on the standard research paper formats for them to follow. I also gave them the following tips to help them.
1. There are two main citation methods, APA and MLA. Professors differentiate on which ones that want you to use. The key below will help you to decipher.
For APA use this:
Last name, first name. (year published).Title of Book. City published. Publisher
For the in text citation use this method:
(Last name, year, pp. numbers of pages)
For MLA use this:
Last name of author, First name of Author. Title of Book. Place Published: Publisher. Year. Print.
MLA also uses footnotes instead of in text:
2. Do your research. You won’t be able to focus on the APA research paper format without first knowing what you are writing about. Don’t subscribe to the skimming theory. Spend some quality time sitting down and reading. When you are trying to analyze anything you owe yourself the time to learn everything you can about it.
3. After learning standard research paper formats, it is worthing knowing how to write an outline for your paper. An outline is a sort of map of what your paper will look like. There should be headers for each paragraph. Under each header there should be space for the main points you will be making in that paragraph. You should also plug in the citations you will be using. This will really help to organize your research paper.
4. Now that you have a good grasp of the standard research paper format remember the basic research paper structure. should include the following. An introduction, body and conclusion. The introduction introduces the paper to the audience. It briefly describes the paper and what you will be discussing. The subsequent paragraphs go into great detail about the information you just introduced and the last paragraph finishes off your paper by mentioning your main points again and summing the paper up. A good rule of thumb for a research paper is to have one citation per paragraph.
5. Termpaperwriter.org is a great website that will help you write the best term or research paper ever. They have blogs on everything from term papers to the standard research paper format.
6. They are a very progressive website that will even write your paper for you, for a fee. They have great college educated writers who will tailor write a research or term paper just for you. Termpaperwriter.org offers unlimited amendments and a percentage off your first order.
Yes there are standards for most things. But the learning the format on a standard research paper will really help you write the best paper possible.