I Have Learned The importance of Research Papers
May 17th, 2010
Lean The Importance of a Research Paper In Everyday Life Decisions
Everything in life requires research. Therefore for the most important events in my life I have always written research papers to really help me make the right decision. I think most people forget how important doing your research is. When I bought my first car I did a lot of research. I pulled out all of the magazines and consumer reports. I read everything I really wanted to get the best deal on the right car. When I was looking for a job and finally got an offer I really did my research to make sure I was getting the right salary. I looked up my demographic coupled with my education, work experience and city I lived in and I asked for an amount of money that I saw fair. But I really learned the importance of research papers when my daughter was born. I read everything I could get my hands on. I bought the right sheets. I didn’t eat or drink any caffeine and I played classical music every night before I went to bed. I came up with the following tips when writing research papers.
- When writing a research paper be sure you know what citation method is desired. You can use the following key to help you with the MLA or APA.
Last name of author, First name of author. (year). Title of Book. City of Publication: Publisher.
The in text citation is as follows:
(Last name of author, year, page#)
- MLA:Last name of author, First name of Author. Title of Book. Place Published: Publisher. Year. Print.
No in text citation just footnotes
- You will learn the importance of a research paper the first time you write about something you are passionate about. I have always been passionate about animals. So when I wrote a research paper on endangered species I was amazed at how much I learned and how little I actually knew on the subject.
- Utilize the research paper outline tool. Yes knowing the importance of a research paper is awesome but a research paper outline can really help you write an amazing research paper. A research paper outline brakes your paper down into manageable parts by helping you to focus on one section of your paper at a time. It’s sort of a map of your paper.
- A basic research paper should follow this formula: introduction, body and conclusion. The introduction is where you tell the audience what you are going to tell them. The main points are introduced along with your thesis statement. The subsequent paragraphs should go into detail about each point you introduced- a derivative of the thesis should be present in each paragraph and the last paragraph should conclude your essay. Briefly mention the points again as well as the thesis statement. A general rule of thumb is to have one citation per paragraph.
I learned the importance of research papers a long time ago. Writing papers and doing some good solid research has really served me well. The above tips should help you write the best research paper possible.