History Research Paper Formats Do Not Have to be The Most Difficult Paper to Write
November 1st, 2010
Coming Up With Guidelines for a Well Written History Research Paper Format is Not that Difficult
Perhaps you are overwhelmed with the fact that you have to write a history research paper. History research can be particularly daunting and especially boring, because you have to be familiar with names, dates, and places and accurate information. Knowing this you can recognize that history research paper formats can be difficult to compose, but if you have one, it will make the writing process that much smoother and your paper that much more clear and concise. Here are a few tips that will help you with your history research paper format:
1. Choose a topic to focus on. First you will have to make a choice from a list of possible options on what your history research paper should be about. Perhaps you were going to write about how the Native Americans were really the first Americans and you would like to write a paper about how they had their population decimated by the foreigners that invaded their land.
2. Next you will have to narrow your topic. History research paper formats usually follow a general pattern. You will have to make sure that you narrow your topic—which basically means that you have to be specific about what you are writing about. For example, perhaps you might want to write a history research paper about how, before disease reached the Native Americans, the settlers and the local tribes celebrated the first Thanksgiving together. You could discuss the origin of Thanksgiving holiday, which is a tradition now celebrated by millions of Americans on the fourth Thursday of November every year.
3.Make sure that your history research paper format is written according to MLA or APA style guidelines. Make sure to check with your teacher or professor with regard to what he or she prefers. Then, follow the particular guideline. You can use the key below to help you:
For APA use this:
Last name, first name. (year published).Title of Book. City published. Publisher
For the in text citation use this method:
(Last name, year, pp. numbers of pages)
For MLA use this:
Last name of author, First name of Author. Title of Book. Place Published: Publisher. Year. Print.
MLA also uses footnotes instead of in text:
4. Revise your paper. You want to make sure that you don’t have an spelling, grammar, syntax, or other errors.
5. Rewrite your paper if necessary. In order to change the style of your paper, you may want to rearrange paragraphs or make your transitions in between paragraphs smoother. Make sure you have a three-point thesis in the beginning paragraph, and restate your points in the conclusion. In the conclusion, you also want to state a conclusion that is totally innovative and/or what you’ve learned.
6. Consider term-papers-writer.com for all of your term and research paper needs. They are a great site who, for a fee, will write your paper for you. They have great writers who will tailor create a paper just for you.
Writing a research paper in the history format can be quite difficult. You must get all your facts straight and really do some good quality research. But it will all pay off in the end and you will be left with a clean and concise, well written paper.