APA Research Paper Formats Are Not as Hard as It May Seem
October 31st, 2010
The APA Research Paper Format is Easier to Handle the the MLA format
My dad use to say there is the right way, the wrong way and then there’s his way. He has a process for everything and is such a creature of habit. My dad had a set way he drives to work. A way he’d like the living room set up. Even an odd ball way eat. All his food had to be on his plate in a certain way and nothing could touch. My mom always told me he had a certain order and strucutre to things and that there was nothing wrong with that. I never forgot about my dad’s crazy format for life. When I got older and became a teacher I always remembered this and I created formats for everything. This idea especially stuck out when I had to teach my class how to write papers. I taught my students APA research paper formats and provided the follwing tips to help them
1. There are two main citation methods, APA and MLA. Proffessors differentiate on which ones that want you to use. The key below will help you to decipher.
For APA use this:
Last name, first name. (year published).Title of Book. City published. Publisher
For the in text citation use this method:
(Last name, year, pp. numbers of pages)
For MLA use this:
Last name of author, First name of Author. Title of Book. Place Published: Publisher. Year. Print.
MLA also uses footnotes instead of in text:
2. Do your research. You won’t be able to focus on the APA research paper format without first knowing what you are writing about. Don’t subscribe to the skimming theory. Spend some quality time sitting down and reading. When you are trying to analyze anything you owe yourself the time to learn everything you can about it.
3. Termpaperwriter.org is a great website that will help you write the best term or research paper ever. They have blogs on everything from term papers to research paper outlines.
4. They are a very progressive website that will even write your paper for you, for a fee. They have great college educated writers who will tailor write a research or term paper just for you. Termpaperwriter.org offers unlimited amendments and a percentage off your first order.
5. After learning APA research paper formats, it is worthing knowing how to write an outline for your paper. An outline is a sort of map of what your paper will look like. There should be headers for each paragraph. Under each header there should be space for the main points you will be making in that paragraph. You should also plug in the citations you will be using. This will really help to organize your research paper.
6. Now that you have a good grasp of the APA research paper format remember the basic research paper structure. should include the following. An introduction, body and conclusion. The introduction introduces the paper to the audience. It briefly describes the paper and what you will be discussing. The subsequent paragraphs go into great detail about the information you just introduced and the last paragraph finishes off your paper by mentioning your main points again and summing the paper up. A good rule of thumb for a research paper is to have one citation per paragraph.
Having a basic format and structure for most things in life will serve you well. The format for the APA research paper really helped my students follow a clear and concise method and ultimately allowed them to write a great paper.