Coming up with An Interesting Topic to Write About Is Much Easier than You Think
December 27th, 2010
When you Need Interesting Topics To Write about Turn to Your Everyday Life
When I was a little girl life was easy and good and happy. Life was great. As an adult I realize how easy it was. Back then of course I didn’t realize it. As a sixth grade teacher I have tried to teach my students how lucky they are to be young and carefree. They usually don’t seem to understand that but I like to reiterate it to them. When I had to teach my students how to write a research paper I first had to help them think of interesting topics to write about. I also provided the tips below to help them.
1. Consider term-papers-writer.com for all of your term and research paper needs. They are a great site filled with a ton of useful information on writing the best term or research paper ever. They even have blogs on picking an interesting topic to write about. Termpaperwriter.org will even write your paper for you for a fee. They offer unlimited amendments and a percentage off your first order.
2. Learning how to cite is key for any paper you write. After picking an interesting topic to write about you must learn that there are various different types of citation methods: Chicago, Harvard, MLA and APA. The APA and MLA are the most common yet the most similar. If your citations are not done correctly you will more than likely receive a failing grade. Use the key I have provided below to help you:
For APA use this:
Last name, first name. (year published).Title of Book. City published. Publisher
For the in text citation use this method:
(Last name, year, pp. numbers of pages)
For MLA use this:
Last name of author, First name of Author. Title of Book. Place Published: Publisher. Year. Print.
MLA also uses footnotes instead of in text:
3. Great topics are all around you. Every day life encompasses great ideas to write about. Write about your best friend, what makes her so great. Research your favorite sport, how did it all begin? What do your parents do for a living? What do you want to be when you grow up, is there really any money in it?
4. After you have chosen interesting topics to write about consider writing a research paper outline. An outline is a sort of map of your paper. Each paragraph is carefully outline respectively. Leave about ten lines in between each paragraph and then proceed to plug in under the headers the main point you hope to make in each category. Additionally, you can also put in your citations. If your outline is done correctly your paper will pretty much write itself.
5. After you have picked a topic to write about make sure you do your research. Do your best to make sure your topic is broad yet not too specific. Pick some good quality sources that will really be able to help write a great paper. Don’t focus so much on internet sources. Most professors feel this is a bit of a cop out and would rather see you hitting the books at the library.
My students really began writing after they realized that finding topics that are interesting to write about is much easier than you would think.